1. Everything in the Grocery store goes on sale during a four month period. The trick is to stop menu shopping and start SALE/COUPON shopping. When something is on sale buy a minimum of months worth. Thus, it will take you four months to hit your rock bottom prices.
2. Don't look through your coupons, just file and forget. Only look at "the list" on Grocery Smarts. This way you won't be tempted to use your coupons before you can get a rock bottom price.
3. Create 20 recipes that work for you family, print them out and keep them handy. Stock up on the items it takes to make these recipes. When it is time to cook dinner you will have plenty of choices. Your family will be eating better than ever on less cash.
4. Stock Up on cleaning supplies, laundry, dish soap and toiletries. Most last for a one year. These items go on sale for incredible prices, but they have the potential to eat up a grocery budget if they are purchased for full price.
5. Buy multiple copies of the Sunday Paper. The standard rule is: One paper per person in your family. The cost is about $1.50 per paper. Amy and I are able to offer $10 gift cards for each subscription. Do the math. It's worth it.